Lloyd Quesenberry graduated from the University of Iowa in 1992, receiving a degree in Political Science, with Distinction. He was also a member of Phi Beta Kappa. After graduation, Lloyd served in the United States Peace Corp in Namibia. Upon returning to the United States, he attended the University of Iowa College of Law, receiving his law degree, with Distinction, in 1997. While attending law school, Lloyd served as Associate Editor of the Law Review and as a research assistant.
After receiving his law degree, Lloyd served a one year judicial clerkship with a federal judge in Dallas, Texas. He then moved to Houston to work in the Houston office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP, a large international firm based in New York. At WGM, Lloyd gained experience in a wide variety of complex business matters, including business reorganization, financing, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, oil and gas, and general business matters.
In November of 2003, Lloyd and his wife, Lora, moved to Grand Junction where he joined the law firm of Younge & Hockensmith, P.C. In 2008, he joined Kirk Rider in the formation of Rider & Quesenberry. Lloyd has a general business practice, including business transactions, real estate, oil and gas work, and wills and estates. He also serves as a mediator. Lloyd is is a regular speaker on business and estate planning issues and is currently teaching a Business Law course at Colorado Mesa University.
Lloyd, his wife and their two children enjoy many of the activities the Western Slope has to offer, such as camping, hiking and motorcycling. Lloyd is involved in many civic and volunteer activities including:
- Mesa County Bar Association Member (2003-current)
- President (2013)
- Board member (2009-2014)
- Colorado Bar Association Member (2003-current)
- Board of Governors (2013-2015)
- Senior Vice President (2015-2016)
- Grand Junction Lions Club (2003-2016)
- Judicial Committee Chair (2005-2016)
- Large Project Committee member (2011-2016)
- Pro Bono Project of Mesa County, Inc. (2011-2012)
- Board Member (2011-2012)
- Grand Junction Chamber of Commerce (2004-current)
- Fruita Chamber of Commerce (2014-current)
- Palisade Chamber of Commerce (2018)
- Mesa State College Foundation Board of Directors (2008-2010)
- Western Colorado Chapter of the American Red Cross – Board Member (2004-2007)
- The Grand Junction Arts and Culture Commission (2003-2009)
- Grand Junction Sesquicentennial Volunteer